Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Halloween Prep

I sure loved Halloween when I was a kid! As I got to be a teenager, and especially when I became an adult, I decided I didn't love Halloween so much anymore. I didn't, and still don't, like it when teenagers would just color their hair or wear a stupid mask and consider themselves "dressed up" for Halloween and expect people to still give them candy while trick-or-treating. I still feel that trick-or-treating is for the little kids, and if you're old enough to get a job, you shouldn't be trick-or-treating; you can buy your own candy!
Anyway, now that's off my chest, I'm really loving Halloween again! Having kids makes it at least as fun, if not more fun than it was when I was a kid. Having our own house to decorate makes it even better. As we were just moving in the week of Halloween last year, we didn't get to really enjoy the fun decorations, as we had to take them down nearly immediately after putting them up! This year, we whipped those decorations out as soon as it got slightly chilly! We've been gradually adding a bit more at a time over the last week or so, but the best part was just added last night. For years, Nathan has had a Halloween tradition of building a "monster" for the front porch. Last night, the monster was assembled. As he was being built, Tattoo decided to try on the mask. Cutest monster ever! In addition to the monster on the porch, Granny and Papa donated some Indian corn stalks to the decorations, which we tied around the front porch posts. Very festive effect overall!

1 comment:

The Green Family said...

Your blog is fun Carin,and your kiddies are too cute!:) I can see you in them. I finally have my blog up and running and I actually post on it...sometimes!
-Angie Slater...Green
justbeinggreens.blogspot.com